Using JNI with Cisco VPN API - getting error

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ed, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I have created a JNI path to access the Cisco VPN API. On one machine
    it appears to work - but there is no wireless card so I cannot truly
    test that it does what I wish. So I moved to another machine where
    there is a wireless card. However, on this machine I am getting an
    error when I connect -

    transport error 202: recv error: Software caused connection abort
    ["transport.c",L41]

    Does anyone have an idea what to adjust to correct this issue? It is
    quite annoying to have something work on one machine and not another.
    I have tried to verify environment and, to the extent I have been able
    to validate, they appear the same.

    What I have running is the following:

    VPNChannel - Java running in NetBeans
    NativeVPNChannel - C++ DLL that calls the Cisco API
    VPNAPI.DLL - Cisco API DLL written in C++ - provided by Cisco

    I know I am getting all the way down to the request for the Cisco
    connect because I have a message box just before. The error appears to
    be happening within the Cisco software or some interaction between it
    and Java. I have seen other references to a similar error but the
    solutions provided were not applicable to my issue.
    Ed, Aug 28, 2006

  2. On 28 Aug 2006 12:27:42 -0700, Ed wrote:
    > I have created a JNI path to access the Cisco VPN API. On one
    > machine it appears to work - but there is no wireless card so I
    > cannot truly test that it does what I wish. So I moved to another
    > machine where there is a wireless card.
    >
    > However, on this machine I am getting an error when I connect -
    >
    > transport error 202: recv error: Software caused connection abort
    > ["transport.c",L41]
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea what to adjust to correct this issue?

    Presumably you're doing something wrong at or near transport.c:41.

    If you have a problem directly related to JNI then by all means post
    some code and ask some questions about JNI or Java.

    But if you're having problem with a specific C library (itself
    completely unrelated to JNI), then simply posting an error reported by
    the library isn't going to get you meaningful help here, especially
    when you don't bother to post any code.

    I really think you need to contact the vendor or ask in a forum
    related to the Cisco library.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I posted here because I thought the error was related to the JNI logic
    written. I am digging deeper. If I am able to better isolate I will
    post sample code.

    Thanks.

    Ed, Aug 28, 2006