Using JNI with Cisco VPN API - getting error

Ed

I have created a JNI path to access the Cisco VPN API. On one machine
it appears to work - but there is no wireless card so I cannot truly
test that it does what I wish. So I moved to another machine where
there is a wireless card. However, on this machine I am getting an
error when I connect -

transport error 202: recv error: Software caused connection abort
["transport.c",L41]

Does anyone have an idea what to adjust to correct this issue? It is
quite annoying to have something work on one machine and not another.
I have tried to verify environment and, to the extent I have been able
to validate, they appear the same.

What I have running is the following:

VPNChannel - Java running in NetBeans
NativeVPNChannel - C++ DLL that calls the Cisco API
VPNAPI.DLL - Cisco API DLL written in C++ - provided by Cisco

I know I am getting all the way down to the request for the Cisco
connect because I have a message box just before. The error appears to
be happening within the Cisco software or some interaction between it
and Java. I have seen other references to a similar error but the
solutions provided were not applicable to my issue.

Gordon Beaton

I have created a JNI path to access the Cisco VPN API. On one
machine it appears to work - but there is no wireless card so I
cannot truly test that it does what I wish. So I moved to another
machine where there is a wireless card.

However, on this machine I am getting an error when I connect -

transport error 202: recv error: Software caused connection abort
["transport.c",L41]

Does anyone have an idea what to adjust to correct this issue?

Presumably you're doing something wrong at or near transport.c:41.

If you have a problem directly related to JNI then by all means post
some code and ask some questions about JNI or Java.

But if you're having problem with a specific C library (itself
completely unrelated to JNI), then simply posting an error reported by
the library isn't going to get you meaningful help here, especially
when you don't bother to post any code.

I really think you need to contact the vendor or ask in a forum
related to the Cisco library.

/gordon

Ed

I posted here because I thought the error was related to the JNI logic
written. I am digging deeper. If I am able to better isolate I will
post sample code.

Thanks.