Using JOptionPane

Discussion in 'Java' started by jazzy, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. jazzy

    jazzy Guest

    Hi,

    I am new to Java Programming and I am trying to write code using JOption
    pane to prompt user to type information and then have string output command
    to display information on the screen.
    I am able to prompt for typing the information but the display does not
    work. Here is my sample code:

    **

    /**

    * <p>TitleTesting</p>

    * <p>Descriptio: Display Movie list</p>

    *

    */

    //Print Address Labels

    import javax.swing.JOptionPane;

    public class Homework1 {

    public Homework1() {

    String movieName;

    String theaterName;

    //Enter Movie Name

    String movieName =

    JOptionPane.showInputDialog(

    null, "Enter the Name of the Movie ",

    "Example 1.0 Input",

    JOptionPane.QUESTION_MESSAGE);

    //Enter Name

    String directorName=

    JOptionPane.showInputDialog(

    null, "Enter Name of Director ",

    "Example 1.1 Input",

    JOptionPane.QUESTION_MESSAGE);

    //Display Name of Movie and Director

    String output = movieName+ directorName

    JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,output,"Example 1.2 output",

    JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE);

    System.exit(0);

    jazzy, Apr 18, 2004