    error...
    Invalid data : Minimum jre version shud be x.x.x[_xx] . I think my
    format is the same, then wot is its prob?

    Zia, Jan 5, 2007

  2. Zia wrote:
    > I have a .jar file and i have to convert it into .exe format.

    Why?

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 5, 2007

  3. On 05.01.2007 11:55 Zia wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a .jar file and i have to convert it into .exe format. I
    > dwloaded this tool Launch4j. But im having probs with it. It doesnt
    > accept min version of my jre. I enter 1.5.0[_07] , it gives an
    > error...
    > Invalid data : Minimum jre version shud be x.x.x[_xx] . I think my
    > format is the same, then wot is its prob?

    I haven't used this part of Launch4J by usually [] indicate optional
    parts in a manual. So I gues what x.x.x[_xx] means is, you should either
    enter the version as x.x.x *or* x.x.x_xx

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Zia

    Zia Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Zia wrote:
    > > I have a .jar file and i have to convert it into .exe format.

    > Why?

    Well coz, double clickin .jar file doesnt open my program.and im
    supposed to be takin this proect onto another comp, so i thot wot if
    ..jar file didnt work there too. i read in many forums, that this is a
    common prob, and some suggested, it be easier to convert it into exe.
    thats y.

    Zia, Jan 5, 2007
  5. Zia

    Zia Guest

    Thomas Kellerer wrote:

    > I haven't used this part of Launch4J by usually [] indicate optional
    > parts in a manual. So I gues what x.x.x[_xx] means is, you should either
    > enter the version as x.x.x *or* x.x.x_xx
    >
    > Thomas

    Ok, thank you, Thomas. I guess i asked a dumb question, but im new at
    this. Anyways thanks for answerin patiently. Its works just fine now.

    Zia, Jan 5, 2007
  6. Zia

    Lew Guest

    Zia wrote:
    > Well coz, double clickin .jar file doesnt open my program.and im
    > supposed to be takin this proect onto another comp, so i thot wot if
    > .jar file didnt work there too. i read in many forums, that this is a
    > common prob, and some suggested, it be easier to convert it into exe.
    > thats y.

    Double-clicking a JAR file will open the program if your operating system is
    set up to do that. This is not a Java issue per se, but an operating system
    configuration issue.

    In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu choices.
    Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    jar -jar %1
    for example.

    Bear in mind that there was bad blood between Microsoft and Sun; unlike with
    ..exe files MS decided not to predefine the file association for you for JARs.
    No worries, you (or the network admin) just do it manually.

    - Lew

    Lew, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Zia

    Lew Guest

    Lew wrote:
    > In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu
    > choices. Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    > jar -jar %1

    Erm, I meant "java -jar %1"

    - Lew

    Lew, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Zia wrote:
    > > Zia wrote:
    > > > I have a .jar file and i have to convert it into .exe format.

    > Well coz, double clickin .jar file doesnt open my program.and im
    > supposed to be takin this proect onto another comp, so i thot wot if
    > .jar file didnt work there too. i read in many forums, that this is a
    > common prob,

    It is - and it is what *web-start* was designed to
    solve (far better than an 'exe').

    BTW '..so i thot wot if..' are your parents, brother and sister?
    You will get more respect here if you try to post
    correct english. What you printed was not cute, it
    was simply moronic.

    >..and some suggested,...

    'some' people know what they are talking about,
    most don't. Further, those answers were probably
    from people who thought that words like 'thot wot'
    were cute.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 6, 2007
  9. Lew wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu
    >> choices. Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    >> jar -jar %1

    > Erm, I meant "java -jar %1"

    Maybe even javaw ...

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Jan 6, 2007
  10. Zia

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > Double-clicking a JAR file will open the program if your operating system
    > is set up to do that. This is not a Java issue per se, but an operating
    > system configuration issue.
    >
    > In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu
    > choices. Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    > jar -jar %1
    > for example.

    I was under the impression that the Sun JRE Windows installer always sets that
    association up for you. Am I wrong ?

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> Double-clicking a JAR file will open the program if your operating system
    >> is set up to do that. This is not a Java issue per se, but an operating
    >> system configuration issue.
    >>
    >> In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu
    >> choices. Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    >> jar -jar %1
    >> for example.

    > I was under the impression that the Sun JRE Windows installer always sets that
    > association up for you. Am I wrong ?

    It does.

    But it happens frequently that is does not get setup or get messed
    up by something else.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Jan 6, 2007
  12. Zia

    Zia Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > BTW '..so i thot wot if..' are your parents, brother and sister?
    > You will get more respect here if you try to post
    > correct english. What you printed was not cute, it
    > was simply moronic.

    Mr. Thompson,
    I guess I have upset you, by using slang in this group. I duly
    apologize. I am very much new to this arena. Also it was not my
    intention, to try to sound 'cute', by using slangs. but it was the time
    factor as well as my habbit of chatting, that made me type that way.
    But now that you have mentioned, i will take extra care every time i
    type. Hope that makes things little better?

    > 'some' people know what they are talking about,
    > most don't. Further, those answers were probably
    > from people who thought that words like 'thot wot'
    > were cute.

    I do not know whether, what those people suggested was right or wrong.
    But i do know, that I did not ask anybody this. I only read in
    pre-posted topics, to try to find answers to my questions. But when i
    could not find any more, i asked. So i do not know whether those people
    found 'so i thot wot if..' to be be cute enough to answer anybody's
    questions.

    Zia, Jan 6, 2007
  13. Zia

    Zia Guest

    Lew wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    > > In Windows, use the File Explorer "Tools / Folder Options..." menu
    > > choices. Associate JAR files (file type .jar) with the command
    > > jar -jar %1

    > Erm, I meant "java -jar %1"
    >
    > - Lew

    Okay, Thanks for your help!