Using mail:sendmail module on IIS6

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by bk@docstream.no, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    My system:
    - Windows 2003 server with IIS6
    - Activeperl 5.10.0.1002 win32 x86
    - mail:sendmail 0.79

    I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
    error arrives:

    CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    set of HTTP headers.

    The script was originally developed years ago and used up till today
    on a win2000 with IIS5 with no problem, so the issue must be win2003/
    IIS6.

    Anyone have any similar problem, and found a solution on this??

    I found this article on google with a similar problem, but it did not
    help me:

    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum13/3304.htm

    Regards

    Bjarte Kvalheim
     
    , Jul 9, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    > module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
    > error arrives:
    >
    > CGI Error
    > The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    > set of HTTP headers.


    There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
    colon is used in module names.

    use Mail::Sendmail;

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Email: http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl
     
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Jul 9, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    On 9 Jul, 11:24, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    > > module, but as soon as i  include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
    > > error arrives:

    >
    > > CGI Error
    > > The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    > > set of HTTP headers.

    >
    > There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
    > colon is used in module names.
    >
    >      use Mail::Sendmail;
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    > Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl


    Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
    the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
    message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)
     
    , Jul 10, 2008
    #3
  4. wrote:
    > On 9 Jul, 11:24, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    >>> module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
    >>> error arrives:
    >>> CGI Error
    >>> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    >>> set of HTTP headers.

    >> There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
    >> colon is used in module names.
    >>
    >> use Mail::Sendmail;

    >
    > Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
    > the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
    > message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)


    In that case I suggest that you follow the suggestions posted by Sherm.
    In addition to that, you may want to include the line

    use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';

    in the beginning of your script, to make the actual error message be
    shown on the screen.

    P.S. Is Mail::Sendmail installed? (It's not a core module.)

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Email: http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl
     
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Jul 10, 2008
    #4
  5. Guest

    On 10 Jul, 09:06, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On 9 Jul, 11:24, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    > >> wrote:
    > >>> I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    > >>> module, but as soon as i  include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
    > >>> error arrives:
    > >>> CGI Error
    > >>> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    > >>> set of HTTP headers.
    > >> There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
    > >> colon is used in module names.

    >
    > >>      use Mail::Sendmail;

    >
    > > Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
    > > the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
    > > message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)

    >
    > In that case I suggest that you follow the suggestions posted by Sherm.
    > In addition to that, you may want to include the line
    >
    >      use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';
    >
    > in the beginning of your script, to make the actual error message be
    > shown on the screen.
    >
    > P.S. Is Mail::Sendmail installed? (It's not a core module.)
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    > Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl– Skjul sitert tekst –
    >
    > – Vis sitert tekst –


    Yeah, I've installed it. I suspect this to be an issue related to
    IIS6...


    -Bjarte
     
    , Jul 10, 2008
    #5
  6. szr Guest

    wrote:
    > On 10 Jul, 09:06, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> On 9 Jul, 11:24, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>> I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
    >>>>> module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail
    >>>>> this error arrives:
    >>>>> CGI Error
    >>>>> The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a
    >>>>> complete set of HTTP headers.
    >>>> There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and
    >>>> double colon is used in module names.

    >>
    >>>> use Mail::Sendmail;

    >>
    >>> Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
    >>> the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
    >>> message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)

    >>
    >> In that case I suggest that you follow the suggestions posted by
    >> Sherm. In addition to that, you may want to include the line
    >>
    >> use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';
    >>
    >> in the beginning of your script, to make the actual error message be
    >> shown on the screen.
    >>
    >> P.S. Is Mail::Sendmail installed? (It's not a core module.)

    >
    > Yeah, I've installed it. I suspect this to be an issue related to
    > IIS6...


    Wait, isn't Mail::Sendmail meant to work with `sendmail` on Linux/UNIX
    type systems? If so, then it shouldn't be suprising that it wouldn't
    work on Windows. (Just thought I'd throw this in, in case no one
    realized it, which sometimes can happen. :) )

    --
    szr
     
    szr, Jul 10, 2008
    #6
  7. szr Guest

    Sherman Pendley wrote:
    > "szr" <> writes:
    >
    >> Wait, isn't Mail::Sendmail meant to work with `sendmail` on
    >> Linux/UNIX type systems?

    >
    > No, it's not - it's just a badly-chosen name. :-(
    >
    > From the module's description: "Simple platform independent e-mail
    > from your perl script. Only requires Perl 5 and a network connection."


    Thanks. I stand corrected then.

    --
    szr
     
    szr, Jul 10, 2008
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. sugapablo
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,217
    sugapablo
    Sep 21, 2007
  2. Andrzej Adam Filip
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    4,216
    Andrzej Adam Filip
    Mar 31, 2008
  3. cindy
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    266
    Luke Zhang [MSFT]
    Aug 22, 2006
  4. Andres Monroy-Hernandez
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    195
    Tony Curtis
    Jun 28, 2003
  5. Replies:
    25
    Views:
    302
    Gratemyl
    Dec 28, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page