Using mail:sendmail module on IIS6

bk

Hi

My system:
- Windows 2003 server with IIS6
- Activeperl 5.10.0.1002 win32 x86
- mail:sendmail 0.79

I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
error arrives:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers.

The script was originally developed years ago and used up till today
on a win2000 with IIS5 with no problem, so the issue must be win2003/
IIS6.

Anyone have any similar problem, and found a solution on this??

I found this article on google with a similar problem, but it did not
help me:

Regards

Bjarte Kvalheim

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

I try to send a mail from a perl script using the mail:sendmail
module, but as soon as i include the sentence use mail:sendmail this
error arrives:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers.

There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
colon is used in module names.

use Mail::Sendmail;

bk

There is no mail:sendmail module. Perl is case sensitive, and double
colon is used in module names.

     use Mail::Sendmail;

Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Yeah, I've done that in the first place. But the editor that I wrote
the message in deleted the extra colon. I saw it after I posted the
message. I might be an amateur, but not that bad.... :)

In that case I suggest that you follow the suggestions posted by Sherm.
In addition to that, you may want to include the line

use CGI::Carp 'fatalsToBrowser';

in the beginning of your script, to make the actual error message be
shown on the screen.

P.S. Is Mail::Sendmail installed? (It's not a core module.)

bk

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl– Skjul sitert tekst –

– Vis sitert tekst –

Yeah, I've installed it. I suspect this to be an issue related to
IIS6...

-Bjarte

szr

Yeah, I've installed it. I suspect this to be an issue related to
IIS6...

Wait, isn't Mail::Sendmail meant to work with `sendmail` on Linux/UNIX
type systems? If so, then it shouldn't be suprising that it wouldn't
work on Windows. (Just thought I'd throw this in, in case no one
realized it, which sometimes can happen. :) )

szr

Sherman said:
No, it's not - it's just a badly-chosen name. :-(

From the module's description: "Simple platform independent e-mail
from your perl script. Only requires Perl 5 and a network connection."

Thanks. I stand corrected then.