using MAILTO from a web page

Marc

I have a button that when clicked, makes a database call to retrieve some
data. That data is used to generate a series of e-mail addresses that I
then want pre-populated into an Outlook e-mail. I know that using the
MAILTO protocol will launch the outlook e-mail with the right fields
populated, but my problem is calling the mailto URL from the code behind the
button. Response.Redirect (mailto:[email protected]) works, however it leave a
blank web page behind, which is no good. Anybody have any ideas?

Guest

I have a button that when clicked, makes a database call to retrieve some
data. That data is used to generate a series of e-mail addresses that I
then want pre-populated into an Outlook e-mail. I know that using the
MAILTO protocol will launch the outlook e-mail with the right fields
populated, but my problem is calling the mailto URL from the code behind the
button. Response.Redirect (mailto:[email protected]) works, however it leave a
blank web page behind, which is no good. Anybody have any ideas?

use javascript to open a client

false;">Mail to</a>

Marc

but the button is required to make a server call to the database FIRST
before I can populate any A tag with the correct values. As far as I know,
while you can execute client-scripting BEFORE making a server call, I have
not seen yet where it can be done in reverse.