Using Mappoint in Asp.Net

Ivo Luyckx

I've been trying to build a .NET application that references the
MapPoint Type Library.
I've succeeded to implement and run a .NET Windows application

MapPoint.Application app = new MapPoint.ApplicationClass();

This works just fine, but when I try the same in a ASP.NET web application
or service

I get a runtime exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Server
execution failed

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

thanks in advance,

Ivo