Using Mappoint in Asp.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ivo Luyckx, May 13, 2004.

  1. Ivo Luyckx

    Ivo Luyckx Guest

    I've been trying to build a .NET application that references the
    MapPoint Type Library.
    I've succeeded to implement and run a .NET Windows application

    MapPoint.Application app = new MapPoint.ApplicationClass();

    This works just fine, but when I try the same in a ASP.NET web application
    or service

    I get a runtime exception:

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Server
    execution failed

    Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

    thanks in advance,

    Ivo

    Ivo Luyckx, May 13, 2004