Using maskededit controls with xrc and wxpython

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Williams, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    I'm having problems getting IpAddrCtrl working with a frame containing
    nested sizers generated from an xrc file.

    Firstly I tried adding it using AttachUnknownControl as per the
    example code Using XMLResources on the wxPython wiki. This renders but
    does not size correctly despite my trying many different variations.
    Because of my nested sizers I also seem to have to SetSizeHints etc at
    a higher level than in the example. Also I note that some of the
    functions used are marked in the wxWidgets docs as "for internal use
    only".

    Secondly I tried using subclassing as per the XMLResource*.py demos in
    the wxWigets/wxPython. This has the problem that it uses 2 stage
    creation which IPAddrCtrl etc doesnt support out of the box (yet?). As
    a Python newbie I'm still finding my way around so dont know how
    difficult that is to implement.

    I also note that XmlSubclassFactory_Python in wx/xrc.py will only
    instantiate a control using klass = getattr(module, cname) then
    klass() which does not allow for any parameter passing at that stage.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to get forward with
    my overall development and can't afford to get stuck on something that
    admittedly I had hoped would be "routine" to implement.
    Thanks
    Dave

    Dave Williams, Jun 14, 2004