    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    Rick Brandt Guest

    Nathan Sokalski wrote:
    > I need to use Microsoft Access 2003 as a database for my website. I
    > would like to test my site on my home computer using the version of
    > IIS that comes with Windows XP Professional. However, I am not sure
    > how to set up Microsoft Access to do this. Can anyone help me here,
    > or possibly give me a website that gives instructions? Thanks.

    There is no "setting up of Access" involved. You would create web pages served
    by IIS that use web technologies (like active server pages) for working with the
    data stored in your Access mdb file. Access doesn't enter the picture at all
    except for its use in creating the MDB file in the first place.

    --
    I don't check the Email account attached
    to this message. Send instead to...

    Rick Brandt, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Nathan Sokalski

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:52:34 -0400, "Nathan Sokalski"
    <> wrote:

    >I need to use Microsoft Access 2003 as a database for my website. I would
    >like to test my site on my home computer using the version of IIS that comes
    >with Windows XP Professional. However, I am not sure how to set up Microsoft
    >Access to do this. Can anyone help me here, or possibly give me a website
    >that gives instructions?

    It doesn't actually involve Access, or any setup for Access. Choose
    ASP or ASP.NET (you posted to both groups, along with several others
    that can't help you either...) and Google for your answer. Try "ASP
    database tutorial" for example.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 5, 2005