Using MS Access with XP Pro's IIS

Nathan Sokalski

I need to use Microsoft Access 2003 as a database for my website. I would
like to test my site on my home computer using the version of IIS that comes
with Windows XP Professional. However, I am not sure how to set up Microsoft
Access to do this. Can anyone help me here, or possibly give me a website
that gives instructions? Thanks.

Rick Brandt

Nathan said:
I need to use Microsoft Access 2003 as a database for my website. I
would like to test my site on my home computer using the version of
IIS that comes with Windows XP Professional. However, I am not sure
how to set up Microsoft Access to do this. Can anyone help me here,
or possibly give me a website that gives instructions? Thanks.

There is no "setting up of Access" involved. You would create web pages served
by IIS that use web technologies (like active server pages) for working with the
data stored in your Access mdb file. Access doesn't enter the picture at all
except for its use in creating the MDB file in the first place.

Jeff Cochran

I need to use Microsoft Access 2003 as a database for my website. I would
like to test my site on my home computer using the version of IIS that comes
with Windows XP Professional. However, I am not sure how to set up Microsoft
Access to do this. Can anyone help me here, or possibly give me a website
that gives instructions?

It doesn't actually involve Access, or any setup for Access. Choose
ASP or ASP.NET (you posted to both groups, along with several others
that can't help you either...) and Google for your answer. Try "ASP
database tutorial" for example.

Jeff