Using multiple classes results in undefined symbols

Thierry Dussuet

Hello all!

I am writing a small Qt program (a KDE kicker) right now, which has a main
class (called infokicker) and a second class (called Worker).
infokicker has a line
Worker the_thread;
in its private section, and all compiles well.
When trying to load the application, though, I get:

Undefined symbol "_ZTV6Worker"

But I have no idea where to look for mistakes. Does anybody have a hint?

Thierry

Alvin

Thierry said:
Hello all!

I am writing a small Qt program (a KDE kicker) right now, which has a main
class (called infokicker) and a second class (called Worker).
infokicker has a line
Worker the_thread;
in its private section, and all compiles well.
When trying to load the application, though, I get:

Undefined symbol "_ZTV6Worker"

But I have no idea where to look for mistakes. Does anybody have a hint?

Thierry

It appears to be a linker error, probably caused by a missing target in the
Makefile. In any case, it's off-topic in this newsgroup. Try:

comp.os.linux.development.apps

Thierry Dussuet

It appears to be a linker error, probably caused by a missing target in the
Makefile. In any case, it's off-topic in this newsgroup. Try:

Thank you, it was exactly that! (And sorry for the off-topic)

Thierry