using multiple META tags

Prakash

Hi:

in my webpage, I want to have a link loaded automatically in one of
the frames. There are 2 frames in my page (side and main). This is the
code in the html

<META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='5; URL=www.google.com">
<META HTTP-EQUIV='Window-target' CONTENT='main'>

But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
instead of inside the frame?

Can you please help me how should I do this?

Thanks

PeterMcC

Prakash wrote in
Hi:

in my webpage, I want to have a link loaded automatically in one of
the frames. There are 2 frames in my page (side and main). This is the
code in the html

<META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='5; URL=www.google.com">
<META HTTP-EQUIV='Window-target' CONTENT='main'>

But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
instead of inside the frame?
Be grateful - otherwise Google would be suing.

Mitja

Prakash said:
Hi:

in my webpage, I want to have a link loaded automatically in one of
the frames. There are 2 frames in my page (side and main). This is the
code in the html

<META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='5; URL=www.google.com">

Put only this line in the code of the page that is to be displayed for the
first five seconds. Or, better still (don't know what exactly you actually
want to achieve), define hte frameset so that it shows google immediately.

Clive Moss

But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
instead of inside the frame?

I always script my pages to load over frames to avoid appearing in other
sites that my client may not wish to be associated with- I expect Google do
the same

Clive Moss

Kris

But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
instead of inside the frame?

I always script my pages to load over frames to avoid appearing in other
sites that my client may not wish to be associated with- I expect Google do
the same[/QUOTE]

Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

Foofy (formerly known as Spaghetti)

Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

I always think the average web user is smart enough to know when a site
has been "framed" and that it isn't necessarily affilliated with the site
that is framing it. Especially since most sites are branded so heavily.

Same as I think most users are smart enough to set their browser to
override link colors or font size settings if they need to...

But then again, like nine-tenths of these web users use IE... so...

Andy Dingley

Kris said:
Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

I have pages that test explicitly for this. Not many, but I did have
one site that suffered particularly from being maliciously framed by a
range of other sites (too fluid to identify them). I wanted frame
busting, but didn;t want to exclude Google searches.

Previously I'd had linked image problems from these same sites, but
some Apache config sorted that.