    instead of inside the frame?

    Can you please help me how should I do this?

    Thanks

    Prakash, May 11, 2004

  2. Prakash

    PeterMcC Guest

    Prakash wrote in
    <>

    > Hi:
    >
    > in my webpage, I want to have a link loaded automatically in one of
    > the frames. There are 2 frames in my page (side and main). This is the
    > code in the html
    >
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='5; URL=www.google.com">
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV='Window-target' CONTENT='main'>
    >
    > But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
    > instead of inside the frame?

    Be grateful - otherwise Google would be suing.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, May 11, 2004

  3. Toby A Inkster, May 11, 2004
  4. Prakash

    Mitja Guest

    Prakash <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > in my webpage, I want to have a link loaded automatically in one of
    > the frames. There are 2 frames in my page (side and main). This is the
    > code in the html
    >
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='5; URL=www.google.com">

    Put only this line in the code of the page that is to be displayed for the
    first five seconds. Or, better still (don't know what exactly you actually
    want to achieve), define hte frameset so that it shows google immediately.

    Mitja, May 11, 2004
  5. Prakash

    Clive Moss Guest

    > But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
    > instead of inside the frame?

    I always script my pages to load over frames to avoid appearing in other
    sites that my client may not wish to be associated with- I expect Google do
    the same

    Clive Moss

    Clive Moss, May 11, 2004
  6. Jukka K. Korpela, May 12, 2004
  7. Prakash

    Kris Guest

    In article <ZBcoc.897$>,
    "Clive Moss" <> wrote:

    > > But when I goto my page, it always loads google.com in the full window
    > > instead of inside the frame?

    > I always script my pages to load over frames to avoid appearing in other
    > sites that my client may not wish to be associated with- I expect Google do
    > the same

    Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
    Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, May 12, 2004
  8. On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:41:21 +0200, Kris <>
    wrote:

    > Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
    > Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

    I always think the average web user is smart enough to know when a site
    has been "framed" and that it isn't necessarily affilliated with the site
    that is framing it. Especially since most sites are branded so heavily.

    Same as I think most users are smart enough to set their browser to
    override link colors or font size settings if they need to...

    But then again, like nine-tenths of these web users use IE... so...

    Foofy (formerly known as Spaghetti), May 13, 2004
  9. Prakash

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Kris <> wrote in message news:<4all.nl>...

    > Which is quite a peculiar move since that exact attitude cripples
    > Google's Image Search when it loads sites that contain these scripts.

    I have pages that test explicitly for this. Not many, but I did have
    one site that suffered particularly from being maliciously framed by a
    range of other sites (too fluid to identify them). I wanted frame
    busting, but didn;t want to exclude Google searches.

    Previously I'd had linked image problems from these same sites, but
    some Apache config sorted that.

    Andy Dingley, May 13, 2004