Using Multiple Source Files with Plato3 in C

Matt

Hey guys. I'm currently working through a number of C programming
exercises to get me up to speed with the syntax. Before now I have
been using Fortran and I've found Plato3 in Windows to be an excellent
environment in which to create, compile, debug and run my Fortran
programmes.

I was delighted when I found that Plato3 can also work in C. However,
I am at the stage where I need to be using multiple source files and
to be linking their respective object files together to create a final
working .exe.

Sadly I don't know how to link my files (or get Plato3 to create an
object file without complaining that the functions I use are not
present in that specific source file) in Plato3 so could anyone shed
some light on this?

Kind regards,

Matt

CBFalconer

Matt said:
.... snip ...

Sadly I don't know how to link my files (or get Plato3 to create
an object file without complaining that the functions I use are
not present in that specific source file) in Plato3 so could
anyone shed some light on this?

Sadly, Plato3 is unmentioned in the C standard, and thus off-topic.

Keith Thompson

Matt said:
Hey guys. I'm currently working through a number of C programming
exercises to get me up to speed with the syntax. Before now I have
been using Fortran and I've found Plato3 in Windows to be an excellent
environment in which to create, compile, debug and run my Fortran
programmes.

I was delighted when I found that Plato3 can also work in C. However,
I am at the stage where I need to be using multiple source files and
to be linking their respective object files together to create a final
working .exe.

Sadly I don't know how to link my files (or get Plato3 to create an
object file without complaining that the functions I use are not
present in that specific source file) in Plato3 so could anyone shed
some light on this?

This is a question about Plato3, not about C or Fortran. (Personally,
I've never heard of Plato3.) You'll need to consult the Plato3
documentation and/or ask in a forum that discusses Plato3. A quick
Google search turns up <http://forums.silverfrost.com/index.php>.

Richard

Matt said:
Hey guys. I'm currently working through a number of C programming
exercises to get me up to speed with the syntax. Before now I have
been using Fortran and I've found Plato3 in Windows to be an excellent
environment in which to create, compile, debug and run my Fortran
programmes.

I was delighted when I found that Plato3 can also work in C. However,
I am at the stage where I need to be using multiple source files and
to be linking their respective object files together to create a final
working .exe.

Sadly I don't know how to link my files (or get Plato3 to create an
object file without complaining that the functions I use are not
present in that specific source file) in Plato3 so could anyone shed
some light on this?

My advice would be to use a proper C IDE like Eclipse with the CDT plug
in.

http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/home/

or

http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/

Its there. Its free. It works.

Failing that find a plato3 user group. A quick google shows that plato3
does indeed support VS type project management and build procedures.