Using native libjpeg reference implementation for fast jpeg decompression

E. Naubauer

Hello there

I'm building an app that has to decode a MJPEG Stream from an Axis Camera
which consists of multiple single JPEG images. I tried several Java-based
JPEG decompressors and also the com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.* lib
but even this one is about 2-4 times slower than the native implemention
from the camera's demos. Therefore i considered to use the reference
implementation libjpeg.so from the standards group via JNI.
Has anyone tried that and got good results with it? Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.