Using ".net" in your product's name

Daniel Weber

Hello,

I am looking for some resources from Microsoft describing the requirements
for being allowed to give your product a name in the Form "product.net". I
could imagine Microsoft wants some real money for it...

Thanks in advance

Daniel Weber

Christophe Lauer [MS]

Hi,

Daniel said:
I am looking for some resources from Microsoft describing the
requirements for being allowed to give your product a name in the
Form "product.net". I could imagine Microsoft wants some real money
for it...

Clear and detailled answer on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/ip/trademarks/netguide.asp

In sum up : Don't. Excerpt from this page:

1. Distinguish product names from the Microsoft .NET brand.

Do not use "Microsoft .NET" or ".NET" in the name of your products,
services, or devices.

Examples of incorrect product naming:
a.. Proseware .NET Spreadsheet
b.. Proseware .NET Firewall Server
c.. Proseware .NET
d.. Contoso .NET
Regards,

--
Christophe Lauer - Relations Techniques Editeurs de Logiciels
Division Développeurs et Plateforme d'Entreprise - Microsoft France