Using non-breaking space OK for this?

delerious

I have a one-column table that contains some text. The end of the longest
piece of text is right up against the right side of the table. I want a bit
of space in there. So I've added   to the end of the text. Seems to
work in IE, Mozilla, and Opera. Is this the best way to do what I want?

Before you mention cell padding, let me say that I cannot use cell padding
with my table. The pieces of text are also links in my table, and I want the
user to be able to click on the link anywhere within the table cell, not just
on the text. So I've set the anchors to have the following styles:
display:block, width:100%, height:100%. If there's any padding in the cells,
then the "clickable area" wouldn't take up the whole cell.

brucie

I have a one-column table that contains some text. The end of the longest
piece of text is right up against the right side of the table. I want a bit
of space in there.
td{padding-right:1em;}

So I've added   to the end of the text. Seems to
work in IE, Mozilla, and Opera. Is this the best way to do what I want?
no

Before you mention cell padding, let me say that I cannot use cell padding
with my table. The pieces of text are also links in my table, and I want the
user to be able to click on the link anywhere within the table cell, not just
on the text.

a{padding-right:1em;}

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:56:31 GMT, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

: I have a one-column table that contains some text.

Why have a table then??

Sid

Olaf Studt

Sid said:
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:56:31 GMT, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

: I have a one-column table that contains some text.

Why have a table then??

After all, what is a "one-column table"? A list!
So why not take a <ul> with { list-style: none none; }?

Greetings