    display:block, width:100%, height:100%. If there's any padding in the cells,
    then the "clickable area" wouldn't take up the whole cell.

    , Dec 3, 2003

  2. brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    said:

    > I have a one-column table that contains some text. The end of the longest
    > piece of text is right up against the right side of the table. I want a bit
    > of space in there.

    td{padding-right:1em;}

    > So I've added &nbsp; to the end of the text. Seems to
    > work in IE, Mozilla, and Opera. Is this the best way to do what I want?

    no

    > Before you mention cell padding, let me say that I cannot use cell padding
    > with my table. The pieces of text are also links in my table, and I want the
    > user to be able to click on the link anywhere within the table cell, not just
    > on the text.

    a{padding-right:1em;}

    --
    brucie
    03/December/2003 11:54:35 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 3, 2003

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:57:12 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:
    >> Before you mention cell padding, let me say that I cannot use cell padding
    >> with my table. The pieces of text are also links in my table, and I want the
    >> user to be able to click on the link anywhere within the table cell, not just
    >> on the text.

    >a{padding-right:1em;}

    Thanks for the suggestion!

    , Dec 3, 2003
  4. Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:56:31 GMT, wrote:

    : I have a one-column table that contains some text.

    Why have a table then??

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Dec 3, 2003
  5. Olaf Studt Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:56:31 GMT, wrote:
    >
    > : I have a one-column table that contains some text.
    >
    > Why have a table then??

    After all, what is a "one-column table"? A list!
    So why not take a <ul> with { list-style: none none; }?

    Greetings
    --
    Olaf from THE Hamburg (not home of hamburgers)
    Replace laundry basket by my last name to avoid ending up in such.

    Olaf Studt, Dec 3, 2003