using non-system fonts in pages

Jukka K. Korpela

jake said:
No, thank *you* for confirming that you are not going to present any
actual examples of sites, or even pages, of yours (or anyone else's)
using WEFT technology making poor or, at best, irrelevant font
choices.

Except, of course, the _only_ page that you have presented as your
evidence - the dummy "demo" page.
Anyway, I think that just about brings this conversation to an end.

Conversation ended long ago. You are just trying to obfuscate the simple
fact that you have no examples of actual usage of WEFT in Web authoring.
(There are some rare examples, though; you just don't know them.)
Readers can (and obviously will) make up their own mind whether font
downloading works and, if it does, whether it's something they want
to add to their authoring tool-bag.

Given the evidence you have given, it doesn't work, and it's not worth
learning and carrying.

jake

In message <[email protected]>, Jukka K.
Given the evidence you have given, it doesn't work, and it's not worth
learning and carrying.

You certainly seemed to have lost the plot, still ".... there are none
so blind as those that will not see ....."

My example showed quite clearly that font embedding works. If it works
once, it will work a thousand times. What do you find so hard to
understand? -- Can I help you in some way?

More examples? Why not go to the Microsoft site and look at their
examples:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.htm

".......Did I mention that the few authors who use WEFT seem to use it
in an attempt to make rather poor or, at best, irrelevant font choices?
......."

Anyway, the conversation's at an end, until you come back and give some
urls for all these sites that you claim to exist -- but seem to be
determined not to mention. Believe me, I'm sure that they're not just a
figment of your imagination ;-)

regards.