Using object methods of first module in methods of second module

Nikita Petrov

Beforehand sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

I have 2 modules:

module SendMail
def self.send_mail(hash)
# some code
end
end

module ActionMailer
def quoted_printable(text, charset)
# some code
end
end

Please say me, is there any way to have access to method
"quoted_printable" of module ActionMailer from method send_mail of
module SendMail. It would be good, if I pass using Classes in this
situation, because I want to divide
namespaces correctly.

Pit Capitain

2008/4/5 said:
I have 2 modules:

module SendMail
def self.send_mail(hash)
# some code
end
end

module ActionMailer
def quoted_printable(text, charset)
# some code
end
end

Please say me, is there any way to have access to method
"quoted_printable" of module ActionMailer from method send_mail of
module SendMail. It would be good, if I pass using Classes in this
situation, because I want to divide
namespaces correctly.

Nikita, quoted_printable is an instance method. So you need to have an
instance of a class which includes the ActionMailer module. If you
have such an instance, you can call its quoted_printable method.

Regards,
Pit

Gary Wright

Nikita, quoted_printable is an instance method. So you need to have an
instance of a class which includes the ActionMailer module. If you
have such an instance, you can call its quoted_printable method.

If you want the object to be the SendMail module itself then extend
SendMail with ActionMailer:

module ActionMailer
def quoted_printable(text, charset)
# some code