Using of a certain Type Library/Running app - corresponding COM object

Udo

Hello,

I want to use COM for automating an app via Python. On my PC are two
versions of that app installed, therefore I have two type libraries. My
questions are:

1. I had to manually create the two type libraries because they haven't
been listed in "Select Library"-dialog of the "COM Makepy utility".
Why? Another VBA-capable app lists the libraries.

2. How do I import the desired type library (from win32com.client
import ...)?

3. When I have an already running app, how do I create the
corresponding COM object in Python? (like GetObject() in VBA)?

Many thanks in advance
Udo