using "opendir" through a CGI script on Apache

Alex

Greetings all,

I'm trying to use the "opendir" command on Win32 in a CGI script. I'm
using Apache 2.0.48 for Win32.

The "openDir" command works from the CGI script when I try to open a
folder located on my local system. When I try to "openDir" a network
drive using the CGI script run through Apache, Apache gives me the
error: Can't openDir... However, when I run the CGI script in a DOS
window, the command works properly.

Is it possible to use "openDir" in a CGI script, run through Apache?
What do I need to do to get it to work, is it a permission thing with
the Apache user?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Alex said:
Is it possible to use "openDir" in a CGI script, run through
Apache?

Yes, of course.
What do I need to do to get it to work, is it a permission thing
with the Apache user?

It's safest to specify the full path to the directory.

Alex

Thanks for the post, I figured it out in the end...

Apache 2 runs as a service in Win32. The apache2 service runs as the
default system user which doesn't have any network permissions at all.
The best thing to do is to set up a new user with the domain
permissions you need, and get the service to log on as that user.
Drat, should have figured it out sooner!!!

...xelA