using Outlook automation in VB.NET ASP.NET

Elliot M. Rodriguez

I know this is not an outlook forum, but I've sent a few posts about this
very issue and cannot get any assistance. I hope someone here can help me
through their experience.

I am trying to send email using Outlook 2000. A simple block of code to
create and send the email works fine when used as a console app.

When the exact block of code is applied in an asp.net page, processing hangs
on my Recipients.Add(email address here) call. I walked away from it at
lunch thinking it would kick in once I got back but it just sat there doing
nothing.

I am using a domain admin for impersonation. Even then the block hangs on
the Recipients.Add call.

anyone know why?