Using parent.blank permission denied error when running files locally

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Alexander Magidow, Apr 4, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I'm working on creating a CD that will have a large number of webpages
    on it. One of the webpages has frames which must communicate with one
    another, and call functions from the other frames using:
    parent.TheFunctionNameHere()
    as you would expect. However, when I run these files from anywhere other
    than the directory they were written in(which is on a shared drive at my
    office) I get a permission denied error in Internet Explorer every time
    it hits one of the parent.whatever calls. I understand this is a
    security measure when its used online, so you don't have domain
    spoofing. However, I don't understand how it operates when applied to
    local drives and whether it can be circumvented when its local.

    Is there any other way to do this so that I don't get this error?

    Thanks!
    Alex

    PS- The page works just fine in Mozilla 1.6, regardless of where it is.
    Why would this be? Is it less stringent about such things?

    Alexander Magidow, Apr 4, 2004