Using parent.blank permission denied error when running files locally

Alexander Magidow

Hello,

I'm working on creating a CD that will have a large number of webpages
on it. One of the webpages has frames which must communicate with one
another, and call functions from the other frames using:
parent.TheFunctionNameHere()
as you would expect. However, when I run these files from anywhere other
than the directory they were written in(which is on a shared drive at my
office) I get a permission denied error in Internet Explorer every time
it hits one of the parent.whatever calls. I understand this is a
security measure when its used online, so you don't have domain
spoofing. However, I don't understand how it operates when applied to
local drives and whether it can be circumvented when its local.

Is there any other way to do this so that I don't get this error?

Thanks!
Alex

PS- The page works just fine in Mozilla 1.6, regardless of where it is.
Why would this be? Is it less stringent about such things?