using perl/cgi to access remote Haskell compiler.

zeus.zamani

Hi all,

Completely stuck on this one, so any suggestions/tips would be great.

When I run the following shell command through perl I get the desired
output:

system("hugs filename.hs");

This brings up the haskell compiler and compiles the hs file.

If this were to be done directly in shell after the command, the prompt
would change to Main> indicating that its within the hugs environment.

At this point I dont know how to instruct perl to give an argument to
the program. I looked at pipelining commands, but seems to be that only
works for actual shell commands and not when you're 'inside of a
program'.

Any adivse on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys..

Zeus

Tad McClellan

system("hugs filename.hs");

This brings up the haskell compiler and compiles the hs file.

If this were to be done directly in shell after the command, the prompt
would change to Main> indicating that its within the hugs environment.

At this point I dont know how to instruct perl to give an argument to
the program.

I think you need:

perldoc -q expect

How can I write expect in Perl?