    print <<EOF;
    Just a noobish Perl hacker
    EOF

    Jazeker, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Jazeker <> wrote in news:zbA7e.64914
    $-ops.be:

    > Sorry if this question has been asked before. I was wondering if I
    > could use a Perl module when your host is not inclined to do any
    > installs for you. I need CSV_XS for a test project, but my hosting
    > company does not have it installed and they do not support their Perl
    > functionality.

    If you have shell access (so that you can compile the XS code),

    > Is there a way to put the package somewhere in my hosting space and lure
    > Perl into using it ?

    perldoc -q use

    Sinan
    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    A. Sinan Unur, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Jazeker <> wrote:

    > Sorry if this question has been asked before.

    There is no need to apologize for asking an already-asked question.

    There is however, a need to apologize for asking a Frequently
    Asked Question (like yours).

    You should check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to the Perl newsgroup.

    > I was wondering if I
    > could use a Perl module when your host is not inclined to do any
    > installs for you. I need CSV_XS

    ^^
    ^^

    Then you will need access to a C compiler to install the module.

    > for a test project, but my hosting
    > company does not have it installed and they do not support their Perl
    > functionality.
    >
    > Is there a way to put the package somewhere in my hosting space and lure
    > Perl into using it ?

    perldoc -q module

    How do I install a module from CPAN?

    How do I keep my own module/library directory?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Apr 14, 2005
  4. "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote in

    > Jazeker <> wrote in news:zbA7e.64914
    > $-ops.be:

    >> Is there a way to put the package somewhere in my hosting space and
    >> lure Perl into using it ?

    > perldoc -q use

    Ooops! I meant

    perldoc -q lib