    is there a way to pass the text to PGP software so that it can encrypt
    the data using a function written in C# code? Thanks

    , Jul 10, 2006

  2. > I have a window application written in C# that can generate a report in
    > ..txt format. My question is does anybody know how I can use PGP to
    > encrypt the text inside this .txt file before saving it? In other word,
    > is there a way to pass the text to PGP software so that it can encrypt
    > the data using a function written in C# code? Thanks

    Probably best to use a third party tool such as:
    http://www.eldos.com/sbb/net-pgp.php
    (Note, I haven't used it so can't comment on how good it is)

    Either that or you'd have to use the PGP command line tools and feed the
    data in and read back the STDOUT.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Mike Lowery Guest

    Check out http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/gnupgdotnet.asp.

    Mike Lowery, Jul 10, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006

    Thanks Mike for pointing out the link. I have downloaded the demo .
    However, the link said that I must have GnuPG for Windows installed in
    order for it to work. Now I have followed the link and ended up here
    http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/gnupg/ . There were so many
    different links on the page that I dont really know what to
    download/install. Do you have the direct link where I can download
    GnuPG? thanks

    Mike Lowery wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a window application written in C# that can generate a report in
    > > .txt format. My question is does anybody know how I can use PGP to
    > > encrypt the text inside this .txt file before saving it? In other word,
    > > is there a way to pass the text to PGP software so that it can encrypt
    > > the data using a function written in C# code? Thanks

    > Check out http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/gnupgdotnet.asp.

    , Jul 10, 2006
  6. > Thanks Mike for pointing out the link. I have downloaded the demo .
    > However, the link said that I must have GnuPG for Windows installed in
    > order for it to work. Now I have followed the link and ended up here
    > http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/gnupg/ . There were so many
    > different links on the page that I dont really know what to
    > download/install. Do you have the direct link where I can download
    > GnuPG? thanks

    You were in the wrong directory, I think you want:
    http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.4.exe

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVvbiBNYXluZQ==?=, Jul 11, 2006

    Thank you for the direct link. I will check it out.

    Leon Mayne wrote:
    > > Thanks Mike for pointing out the link. I have downloaded the demo .
    > > However, the link said that I must have GnuPG for Windows installed in
    > > order for it to work. Now I have followed the link and ended up here
    > > http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/gnupg/ . There were so many
    > > different links on the page that I dont really know what to
    > > download/install. Do you have the direct link where I can download
    > > GnuPG? thanks

    > You were in the wrong directory, I think you want:
    > http://mirrors.rootmode.com/ftp.gnupg.org/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.4.exe

    , Jul 11, 2006