    missing from my code. I should point out that this is my first attempt
    at a full-blown C++ program.
    Thanks.

    Rocky, Apr 8, 2004

  2. "Rocky" <> wrote
    > I'm am attempting to make use of some functions
    > in a 16-bit proprietary object library, with a 32-bit
    > C++ program. When I link the proprietary object
    > with my object code I get an error message along
    > the line 'unsupported 16 bit segment(s) in module,
    > with the module name'. I what I am trying to do
    > impossible or have I got something missing from
    > my code. I should point out that this is my first
    > attempt at a full-blown C++ program.

    This is a generic problem of library L1 built with compiler C1 and you need
    to use it with program P2 built with compiler C2. Without additional
    information as to what C1 and C2 are (and I don't want to know because it
    would be even more off-topic than this is), one solution would be to write a
    server of some kind built with C1 and a wrapper library, L2, that calls the
    services of the new server and build that with C2. You can then link P2
    against L2 and have access to the services of L1. How to do this efficiently
    depends on your platform and your level of expertise.

    Claudio Puviani

    Claudio Puviani, Apr 8, 2004