Using pyinstaller to create an .exe, when using win32com

Discussion in 'Python' started by kbperry, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. kbperry

    kbperry Guest

    Hi all,
    I am pretty confused on this?

    While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
    every time I run it. It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
    have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
    normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly. The
    dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
    some data from a file.

    Has anyone else tried to use this? What is the best way to create an
    ..exe when using the win32com module? I found makeExe.py that uses
    py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either. I did some
    searching, too, but to no avail.

    Please Help!

    Keith
    kbperry, Apr 11, 2006

  2. kbperry wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am pretty confused on this?
    >
    > While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
    > every time I run it. It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
    > have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
    > normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly. The
    > dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
    > some data from a file.
    >
    > Has anyone else tried to use this? What is the best way to create an
    > .exe when using the win32com module? I found makeExe.py that uses
    > py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either. I did some
    > searching, too, but to no avail.

    MakeCOMServer.py hasn't been touched (nor tested) since I started maintaing
    PyInstaller, so it might well be broken in some way. If you provide me with a
    complete bugreport (on the pyinstaller list, or as a ticket in the pyinstaller
    bug system) I might have a look. Alas, I have little time to spend on
    PyInstaller at the moment, but I'm eventually going to tackle this.
    --
    Giovanni Bajo
    Giovanni Bajo, Apr 12, 2006