Using python for a CAD program

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dan Fabrizio, May 26, 2007.

  1. Dan Fabrizio

    Dan Fabrizio Guest

    Hello,

    I saw your post from last year about using python for a EE CAD program. What
    were your conclusions? I'm thinking about converting a Java CAD program I
    developed to Python with wxPython and C. I want to use C for the database
    storage and manipulation and wxPython for the GUI and user scriptable
    interface.

    I have also done something like with Tcl/Tk and C but think Python is much
    more modern and wxPython widgets look very professional and OO programming
    is very important to me.

    What did you decide to do? What language and what GUI libraries did you
    pick?

    I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.
    Regards,

    Dan Fabrizio
    ASIC Engineer
    Aviom Inc. 1157 Pheonixville Pike.