Using python to deploy software

Anand

I haven't but one of my friends have used Pyro (Python Remote Objects)
to do so.

You basically need to write a custom Pyro server and run it on a
central machine. Your pyro clients can be installed on the machines
where the software need to be installed.

For more details and similar ideas refer the project page of pyro at
http://pyro.sourceforge.net/projects.html .

-Anand

secun

Would the pyro client need to be installed as a service on the machine
so it could run the installer as the system acct? Otherwise, it would
run with the current user's credentials.

Anand

Hmm... did not watch this thread.

Regarding sharing code, well I am sure you will be able to quickly
produce some working client/server using Pyro for doing your task. Pyro
makes it very easy to do RMI due to its network broadcast way of
querying the name server.

If you are not able to make any headway, mail me and I can give you his
email address.

Rgds

-Anand