using python2.6 on windows without installation

Mirko Vogt

Hey,

is there a way to use python2.6 without having used the installation
routine?

When I install python2.6 and copy over the python-directory (C:\programs
\python2.6) to another windows host and trying to execute python.exe
there, I get an error that python26.dll could not be found.

On the host where I used the installation routine, python26.dll is
stored in C:\windows\system32 which (obviously) isn't on the host where
I just copied the python directory to.

Is it possible to include python26.dll in the application folder or tell
python not to look in C:\windows\system32 for its library?

Backround is: I'd like to put the python directory on a share which is
mounted by several windows hosts.
That way I do not need to touch every windows host when I'm going to
update a python installation but just the one which is sharing it to all
others.

Thanks a lot in advance!

mirko

Miki

Is it possible to include python26.dll in the application folder or
tell
python not to look in C:\windows\system32 for its library?
The needed DLLs should be in the PATH. The simplest way is to place
all
the required DLLs next to the python executable.

You can use http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to find out which DLLs
are needed.

HTH,