using radio button option in a repeater control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Milsnips, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. Milsnips

    Milsnips Guest

    hi there,

    i have a repeater which returns me a list of addresses in each repeaterItem
    row.
    at the end of each row i have a radiobutton, which i want the user to select
    the "active" address.

    However when i try selecting a radiobutton it does not deselect the others
    in the repeater. I tried adding a "GroupName" property but it still doesnt
    work.

    I dont want to use the radiobuttonlist as i'm showing the addresses in a
    table format.

    Any help appreciated
    thanks,
    Paul

    Milsnips, Mar 28, 2007

  2. On Mar 28, 6:04 pm, "Milsnips" <> wrote:
    > hi there,
    >
    > i have a repeater which returns me a list of addresses in each repeaterItem
    > row.
    > at the end of each row i have a radiobutton, which i want the user to select
    > the "active" address.
    >
    > However when i try selecting a radiobutton it does not deselect the others
    > in the repeater. I tried adding a "GroupName" property but it still doesnt
    > work.
    >
    > I dont want to use the radiobuttonlist as i'm showing the addresses in a
    > table format.

    In general terms you have to have the RadioButtons inside the SAME
    (HTML) ELEMENT to be able to have them being part of the same group...

    Thomas

    --
    http://ajaxwidgets.com
    ASP.NET 2.0 Ajax Widgets

    Thomas Hansen, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Actually, if you see the html source of the resultant page, you will
    see that the radio buttons have different names inspite of assigning
    the same group name.
    Check out http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/122602-1.aspx
    for a more detailed explanation.

    Hope this helps.
    Latish

    Latish Sehgal, Mar 29, 2007
  4. Milsnips

    Milsnips Guest

    Hi there,
    yes i came across that problem and found a javascript solution to solve it.

    thanks again,
    Paul

    Milsnips, Mar 29, 2007