Using redirect instead of forward

Discussion in 'Java' started by teser3@hotmail.com, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. Guest

    In Tomcat 4.1.27 servlet I am using RequestDispatcher type to forward
    a message and get it in JSP. How can I do the same using redirect
    instead?

    Here is what I have -

    Servlet:
    request.setAttribute("MyMessage", "Hello");
    RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher = request.getRequestDispatcher("/
    toPage.jsp");
    requestDispatcher.forward(request, response);

    toPage.jsp
    out.println(request.getAttribute("MyMessage"));

    Now using redirect would this be the best way?
    String myMessage = "Hello";
    session.setAttribute("myMessage",myMessage);
    response.sendRedirect("­/ toPage.jsp");

    toPage.jsp
    out.println(session.getAttribute("MyMessage"));

    , Jun 9, 2008