Using redirect instead of forward

teser3

In Tomcat 4.1.27 servlet I am using RequestDispatcher type to forward
a message and get it in JSP. How can I do the same using redirect
instead?

Here is what I had for forward -

Servlet:
request.setAttribute("MyMessage", "Hello");
RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher = request.getRequestDispatcher("/
toPage.jsp");
requestDispatcher.forward(request, response);

toPage.jsp
out.println(request.getAttribute("MyMessage"));

Here is what I am attempting for redirect but not sure if this is
correct or efficient?
String myMessage = "Hello";
session.setAttribute("myMessage",myMessage);
response.sendRedirect("­/toPage.jsp");

toPage.jsp
out.println(session.getAttribute("MyMessage"));