    automate tasks on Windows workstations and servers, could you please
    post them here?

    Thanks.

    Vincent Foley, Jan 13, 2006

  2. Vincent Foley

    ChrisH Guest

    > If anyone wrote scripts using win32ole, or just general scripts to
    > automate tasks on Windows workstations and servers, could you please
    > post them here?

    I've used OLE to populate Excel from Ruby. Had to find info on Excel
    and OLE and adapt but wasn't too bad.

    Have recently been looking at AutoIt
    (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/) which provides simple automation
    via OLE (http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?AutoIt_For_Windows)

    Cheers

    ChrisH, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Vincent Foley

    Guest

    You can also try our automation software, Automation Anywhere.
    http://www.tethyssolutions.com/automation-software.htm
    It allows you to record your script, or use command wizard or use
    pre-defined automation templates.

    If you don't need many advanced features, also check out a less
    expensive windows automation option, Workspace Macro Pro.
    http://www.tethyssolutions.com/macro-automation.htm

    Tethys Solutions, Expert Services Group
    http://www.tethyssolutions.com
    SMART Macro & Automation Solutions

    Vincent Foley wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > I am starting a new job job in a little over a week where I'll work
    > with a friend who wants to automate some of the repetitive
    > administrative tasks he has to do. He works in a Windows environment,
    > in which I have almost no experience doing automation with Ruby.
    >
    > If anyone wrote scripts using win32ole, or just general scripts to
    > automate tasks on Windows workstations and servers, could you please
    > post them here?
    >
    > Thanks.

    , Jan 13, 2006