Using RubyInline and RubyToC in windows?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Kyle Schmitt, May 4, 2007.

  1. Kyle Schmitt

    Kyle Schmitt Guest

    Is anyone out here using RubyInline and RubyToC in windows?
    I'm trying to get it working with MingW.

    I've made a few attempts, made some system variables, all to no avail.

    I got them both via rubygems.

    To start simple, what needs doing to get ruby inline working on it's
    lonesome? I've added gcc to the path, made home and inlinedir
    variables, but it still won't even work with the most basic example of
    inline.
    I'm not sure where to point the inlinedir really, so I've tried
    pointing it to first the rubyinline directory, and then later to gcc's
    path. No dice.

    Or what about getting just ruby2c working in windows? I'd like to get
    both working really.

    Thanks,
    Kyle
    Kyle Schmitt, May 4, 2007

  2. Kyle Schmitt

    Guest

    On Fri, 4 May 2007, Kyle Schmitt wrote:

    > Is anyone out here using RubyInline and RubyToC in windows?
    > I'm trying to get it working with MingW.
    >
    > I've made a few attempts, made some system variables, all to no avail.
    >
    > I got them both via rubygems.
    >
    > To start simple, what needs doing to get ruby inline working on it's
    > lonesome? I've added gcc to the path, made home and inlinedir
    > variables, but it still won't even work with the most basic example of
    > inline.
    > I'm not sure where to point the inlinedir really, so I've tried
    > pointing it to first the rubyinline directory, and then later to gcc's
    > path. No dice.
    >
    > Or what about getting just ruby2c working in windows? I'd like to get
    > both working really.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kyle

    did you compile ruby yourself under mingw?

    -a
    - the dalai lama
    , May 4, 2007

  3. Kyle Schmitt

    Kyle Schmitt Guest

    No, I used the one click installer...

    --Kyle
    Kyle Schmitt, May 4, 2007
  4. On Friday 04 May 2007 14:53, Kyle Schmitt wrote:
    > No, I used the one click installer...
    >
    > --Kyle

    in zenspider blog there's something about problems running ruby2c on windows -
    but well i failed to run ruby2c on ubuntu and debian etch :/

    no reply from autors :/

    --
    Marcin Raczkowski
    ---