Using servlets/jsps to manage linux processes

johndesp

I have a need to write a servlet/based j2ee implementation to run on
tomcat that can manage starting and stopping other processes on the
linux server. Does anyone have any guidance in this area?

thanks

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I have a need to write a servlet/based j2ee implementation to run on
tomcat that can manage starting and stopping other processes on the
linux server. Does anyone have any guidance in this area?

I do not like the idea. This is neither what Java or servlets
were created for.

But if you insist then look at:

Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmdandargs);

Arne

Roland de Ruiter

I have a need to write a servlet/based j2ee implementation to run on
tomcat that can manage starting and stopping other processes on the
linux server. Does anyone have any guidance in this area?

thanks
Seems a lot of work, while there are quite a number of these tools
already available:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=linux+web+based+management+tool>

The first link <http://www.webmin.com/> seems to be quite promising:
freeware and it allows to "List, kill and renice running processes" with
one of its standard modules <http://www.webmin.com/standard.html>.