    ASP. Is this possible?

    Thanks,
    -KF
    Ken Fine, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Ken Fine

    Invotion Guest

    Anything is possible. Of course this falls just outside
    the function of IIS.

    I think what you would have to do is set up a service to
    run on your mail server to monitor the folder where
    emails for that box are stored. Any new files in this
    folder would need to be parsed and any attachments
    discovered. If there was an attachment it could then be
    found and processed by your utility.

    Sincerely,
    Invotion Engineering Team
    Advanced Microsoft Hosting Solutions
    http://www.Invotion.com

    that when someone
    >e-mails to a certain address, the contents attached to

    that mail are
    >processed and the processed content is returned to the

    user, again, as an
    >attachment?
    >
    >I installed a server-side component for managing

    graphics. "Wouldn't it be
    >nice," thought I, "if untutored staff could email

    graphics to a certain
    >e-mail address to have them resized and returned to

    them.")

    >I understand how to handle the graphics processing and

    the sending. I don't
    >understand how to set things up so that e-mailing to a

    certain address will
    >trigger the start of an application. Ideally you could

    do this all within

    Invotion, Jan 26, 2004