    enlighten me?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Christopher D. Wiederspan, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Christopher D. Wiederspan

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Christopher,

    This is more likely due to the round tripping that goes on with a
    integrated security connection. A one-way call has to be fire-and-forget.
    The better choice for you, I think, at this point is to look at the
    WS-Security implementation in the WSE (web service extensions) SP1 SDK.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "Christopher D. Wiederspan" <>
    >Subject: Using [SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)] attribute causes Trusted

    SQL Connection to fail
    >Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:03:16 -0700

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.a
    spnet,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security,microsoft.public.dot
    net.framework.aspnet.webservices
    phx.gbl

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security:12686
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet:97130

    >I have a web service and I'm using a connection string to SQL Server that
    >specifies "Integrated Security=SSPI" to impersonate the calling user. My
    >setup works fine until I add the [SoapDocumentMethod(OneWay=true)]

    attribute
    >to the web service, and then I start getting the error: Login failed for
    >user '(null)'. I'm guessing that this has something to do with threading

    and

    Dan Rogers, Dec 20, 2004