Using Sql Server 2000 Username/Password/Roles with ASP.Net 2.0 ?

Luqman

I want to use Sql Server Roles, Sql Server Logins/Passwords with ASP.Net
2.0, instead of saving One username/password in Connectionstring of
Web.Config, is it possible ?

I don't want to save the Username/Password in Connectionstring of
Web.config.

Further, I need forms Authentication as my users are on Internet and not on
my Local Windows Domain.

Any example will be highly appreciated ?

If the sql Server user has the particular role, he can access that table
data other wise not.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can use full SQL Server security, but realistically, you have to have
domain users to do it. In these cases, use impersonation and allow the
windows identity to pass through.