Using Sql Server 2000 Username/Password/Roles with ASP.Net 2.0 ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Luqman, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. Luqman

    Luqman Guest

    I want to use Sql Server Roles, Sql Server Logins/Passwords with ASP.Net
    2.0, instead of saving One username/password in Connectionstring of
    Web.Config, is it possible ?

    I don't want to save the Username/Password in Connectionstring of
    Web.config.

    Further, I need forms Authentication as my users are on Internet and not on
    my Local Windows Domain.

    Any example will be highly appreciated ?

    If the sql Server user has the particular role, he can access that table
    data other wise not.

    Best Regards,

    Luqman
    Luqman, Nov 24, 2006

  2. You can use full SQL Server security, but realistically, you have to have
    domain users to do it. In these cases, use impersonation and allow the
    windows identity to pass through.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 24, 2006