    further dependencies.

    Thanks in advance,
    Michael
    Michael Goettsche, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Michael Goettsche

    Kartic Guest

    Michael Goettsche wrote:

    > I succeeded in convincing my CS teacher to use Python and Sqlite

    instead of
    > Microsoft Access to get started with databases.
    > We are working on a windows terminal server to which I have no admin

    access,
    > so I'd like to ask you which module is best suited to use Sqlite with

    Python
    > under windows. The best would be a module which is easy to install

    without
    > further dependencies.

    Michael,

    I posted this morning but I don't know what happened to my post!

    In any case, PySqlite is the distribution I have used and is available
    at pysqlite.org.

    I believe there is another module called APSW (Another Python Sqlite
    Wrapper) available, that I stumbled upon just today, after reading your
    post. Home page : http://www.rogerbinns.com/apsw.html

    Please read the section "pysqlite differences" to see which one you
    want to install.

    As for installation, it should be as simple as downloading the win32
    binaries for your Python distro and executing it. I do not have admin
    rights on my Win2K PC at work, but it installed and worked just fine.
    So, you should not have any problem. You will not have to install
    anything additional other the python-sqlite module itself.

    Good choice on selecting Sqlite..I love it and hope you will enjoy it
    too!

    Thanks,
    --Kartic
    Kartic, Jan 14, 2005

  3. On Friday 14 January 2005 14:56, Kartic wrote:

    > I posted this morning but I don't know what happened to my post!
    >
    > In any case, PySqlite is the distribution I have used and is available
    > at pysqlite.org.
    >
    > I believe there is another module called APSW (Another Python Sqlite
    > Wrapper) available, that I stumbled upon just today, after reading your
    > post. Home page : http://www.rogerbinns.com/apsw.html
    >
    > Please read the section "pysqlite differences" to see which one you
    > want to install.
    >
    > As for installation, it should be as simple as downloading the win32
    > binaries for your Python distro and executing it. I do not have admin
    > rights on my Win2K PC at work, but it installed and worked just fine.
    > So, you should not have any problem. You will not have to install
    > anything additional other the python-sqlite module itself.
    >
    > Good choice on selecting Sqlite..I love it and hope you will enjoy it
    > too!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --Kartic

    Hi Kartic,

    thanks for your answer. I've installed PySqlite on my system at home and will
    look into the docs now. I think it's good for our purposes.

    Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael Goettsche, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Thanks, for the link
    Michel Claveau - abstraction méta-galactique non t, Jan 14, 2005