Using SSI's question

Bob K.

I have a number of web pages that would benefit greatly from using #includes to
add header and footer information that is duplicated in all those pages.

BUT - I would like to use the HEAD & /HEAD tags in the include as there is much
duplicated data above & below the /HEAD.

BUT - the TITLE *should* be inside the HEAD section.. (though it works if not
in the head area)

What is the proper way to handle this? Should I use two #includes, one for
the HEAD section and the other for the BODY? Then it would logically follow
that I should not use the HEAD begin in the include, and the /HEAD in the
including file?

Bob

brucie

in post: <
Bob K. said:
I have a number of web pages that would benefit greatly from using #includes to
add header and footer information that is duplicated in all those pages.

back in the old days servers didn't have many goodies and if you wanted
them you had to pay more, even for giggly little SSIs.

thats no longer the case these days, servers are so optioned up you can
even select the style of taps you want on the kitchen sink they throw in
for free.

SSIs were great in their day but with so many options available its now
over and about 8:43:26pm, 15 minutes into the nightly adult movie and
you've already seen some boobies.

while SSIs are a solution they're not the best solution. eventually
you'll want more functionality than SSIs can provide. i recommend using
your favorite server side language now rather than making do with SSIs
and then in the future having a lot of work to do to change over to a
SSL.
BUT - I would like to use the HEAD & /HEAD tags in the include as there is much
duplicated data above & below the /HEAD.

the opening and closing tags for the head element (and body) are
optional.
BUT - the TITLE *should* be inside the HEAD section.. (though it works if not
in the head area)

include file:

<doctype...>
other common head stuff

on each actual page:

<title>unique title for each page</title>
<h1>actual body of each page</h1>