    that I should not use the HEAD begin in the include, and the /HEAD in the
    including file?

    Bob

    Bob K., May 25, 2004

  2. Bob K.

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:>
    "Bob K." <> said:

    > I have a number of web pages that would benefit greatly from using #includes to
    > add header and footer information that is duplicated in all those pages.

    back in the old days servers didn't have many goodies and if you wanted
    them you had to pay more, even for giggly little SSIs.

    thats no longer the case these days, servers are so optioned up you can
    even select the style of taps you want on the kitchen sink they throw in
    for free.

    SSIs were great in their day but with so many options available its now
    over and about 8:43:26pm, 15 minutes into the nightly adult movie and
    you've already seen some boobies.

    while SSIs are a solution they're not the best solution. eventually
    you'll want more functionality than SSIs can provide. i recommend using
    your favorite server side language now rather than making do with SSIs
    and then in the future having a lot of work to do to change over to a
    SSL.

    > BUT - I would like to use the HEAD & /HEAD tags in the include as there is much
    > duplicated data above & below the /HEAD.

    the opening and closing tags for the head element (and body) are
    optional.

    > BUT - the TITLE *should* be inside the HEAD section.. (though it works if not
    > in the head area)

    include file:

    <doctype...>
    other common head stuff

    on each actual page:

    <title>unique title for each page</title>
    <h1>actual body of each page</h1>

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, May 25, 2004