Using SSL when ASP.NET client remotes to IIS hosted object question.

HankD

Hello, from my scanning the groups all I have to do to use SSL with a
remote object hosted in IIS is to change the http to https in the
client.config (after you install SSL on the remoting server). I am
having some problems with this and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have an asp.net application (running on my local for testing) that
uses a remote object hosted in IIS on a server with SSL installed. I
have installed a client certificate on my local. The application works
fine without SSL but when I set up the SSL I get the underlying
connection was closed: Could not establish a trust relationship with
the remote server error. I can view the wsdl when SSL is on by using
the https URL in IE. The other thing is if I use a console app to use
the same remoting object the console app works when I have SSL on
(after changing the client.config to ref https) or off.

The remoting objects are hosted in IIS 6 on Server 2003. And my local
is Windows XP Pro w/ IIS 5.1. I do not have SSL installed on my local.

Thanks for any help you could give. I am working on this for the third
day and it has really got me stumped. Is there some other security
settings I need to set to allow the connection to be made if the client
is an ASP.Net application?