Using SSL with HTTP Basic Authentication in Rails 2.0

Bryan Richardson

Hello all,

I'm using WEBrick to serve up my Rails 2.0 application, and it works just
fine when I use HTTP Basic Authentication. However, I'm wondering if it's
possible to tell WEBrick (or Mongrel, or Lighty) to use SSL when my Rails
application calls upon the HTTP Basic Authentication. Has anyone done this?

Thanks! -- BTR

Andrew Stewart

Hello all,

I'm using WEBrick to serve up my Rails 2.0 application, and it
works just
fine when I use HTTP Basic Authentication. However, I'm wondering
if it's
possible to tell WEBrick (or Mongrel, or Lighty) to use SSL when my
Rails
application calls upon the HTTP Basic Authentication. Has anyone
done this?

Thanks! -- BTR

It might be easier to have Rails specify SSL at the appropriate time
so all the configuration is in one place. You'll probably receive
more detail on the Rails mailing list:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

Sorry not to be of more help!

Regards,
Andy Stewart

hemant

Hi,

Hello all,

I'm using WEBrick to serve up my Rails 2.0 application, and it works just
fine when I use HTTP Basic Authentication. However, I'm wondering if it's
possible to tell WEBrick (or Mongrel, or Lighty) to use SSL when my Rails
application calls upon the HTTP Basic Authentication. Has anyone done this?

You realize that Ruby On Rails has a separate mailing list? If yes,
please post your rails related questions there.
By saying this, I am not drawing a hard line, but its generally a
pretty good idea.

Bryan Richardson

Thanks Andrew for responding. My fault on not using the Rails mailing
list. I'll do so right now. -- BTR