using subversion bindings

Munagala Ramanath

I'm just getting started with Ruby and had a question:

Is there a short tutorial, document or small code fragment to show how to
use the subversion ruby bindings to connect to a remote subversion
repository ?
I searched around and found this:
http://agylen.com/2006/07/14/using-the-ruby-bindings-for-subversion/
but had no luck connecting to remote repository (e.g. svn://xzy....)

Thanks for any help.