    those mapped drives?

    Thanks,

    Marc

    Marc, Aug 8, 2006

  2. You mean mapped drive letters? Such mappings are stored in the profile.

    You should use UNC paths like \\server\share\

    Also make sure to give the machine account the necessary ACLs on the file
    share.

    ---
    Dominick Baier, DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Dominick,

    How would I give the machine account the necessary ACLs on the file share?

    Thanks,

    Marc

    Marc, Aug 21, 2006
  4. In an AD environment they have an account name of MACHINENAME$.

    In P2P environments machine accounts appear as ANONYMOUS on the remote machine.
    In this case you have to use a different account or impersonate an account
    that has access to the remote share.

    ---

    Dominick Baier, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Marc