Using System.Diagnostics.Trace in ASP.NET (2005 beta 2)

stand__sure

Has microsoft changed something here? For some reason calls to
System.Diagnostics.Trace get ignored UNLESS I explicitly define TRACE
in my application -- this was not how things behaved in VS 2003.

Have they changed this or do I have problems with my VS 2005 beta
version?

Brock Allen

You need to make sure you compile your code with the /d:TRACE flag enabled.
Since ASP.NET is doing all of the compilation (not VS.NET) you need to modify
web.config to enable this:

<system.codedom>
<compilers>
<compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="."
warningLevel="1" compilerOptions="/d:TRACE" />
</compilers>
</system.codedom>