Using System.DirectoryServices from within webservice

BT Ong

I am trying to access to my AD using LDAP in a ASP.NET web service.
I use System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.

However, when I try to open the asmx file in a browser, the following
compile error appears:
CS0234L: The type or namespace 'DirectoryServices' does not exist in the
class or namespace 'System' (are you missing a reference")

Does that mean I can't access the AD from within a web service?

DAve

I've run into the same problem and can't seem to find any information
as to why this error is being thrown. Anyone have an answer?

I get a compile error when inserting the line
using System.DirectoryServices;

in a c# .asmx file.

Thanks,

DAve

The problem is that I am creating the .asmx files outside of Visual
Studio and letting .net compile it when it's accessed. What does
Visual Studio add to the .asmx file that accomplishes the reference?
Does Visual Studio compile it and provide a non-text file to use
instead of an .asmx file?

Thanks for the help,

Dave