    is required. Is there any way I can use a SMTP server which has relay
    disabled?

    thanks
    Jinsong Liu, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Jinsong Liu

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    no...
    That's like saying I want to drive my car without the key....

    You need an accessible server to send the mail through. It can be the same
    box or any other accessible SMTP server. In order for the other server to
    accept the mail from your server and relay it out, it needs to have relaying
    allowed.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Sep 10, 2004

  3. Jinsong Liu

    Jinsong Liu Guest

    Maybe I did not make myself clear. I do have access to a SMTP server,
    but the relay is not allowed on that server.

    My guess is I can still send notification out if my message always
    originates from my SMTP server domain. (the from property set to a
    valid email address on my SMTP server), even my server does not allow
    relay. Am I correct?

    thanks

    Jinsong Liu, Sep 10, 2004