using task manager to monitor memory

George2

Hello everyone,

Just two terminology questions which I have not found answer from
MSDN. I am using Windows Server 2003.

1. Page File (PF) Curve

I think Page File is system page swap file (persistent storage to
store page-out pages by a page stealer). Is that correct?

If yes, I do not know why this parameter is so important and displayed
in central together with CPU surve. I think physical memory consumed
and available is more important to analyze performance, right?

How do you use the page file parameter to analyze performance and how
it impacts performance in your experience?

2. What are the differences between System Cache and Kernel memory?

thanks in advance,
George