Using the back button from the internet explorer

Microsoft

Hi,

I have written a C# web app and need to simualte the Back button.

Like : Response.Redirect;
Except: Response.Back;

I found that I need to use the History.Back but cannot get it to work

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Bryan

souri challa

Bryan,

You should do this in the client(Java Script). using some thing like
<input type=button onclick='history.back();'>

If you're using a server control button to "go back" you may register
the client script code like below.

Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","history.back();return false;");

Hope this helps,
Souri Challa

Joerg Jooss

Microsoft said:
Hi,

I have written a C# web app and need to simualte the Back button.

Like : Response.Redirect;
Except: Response.Back;

I found that I need to use the History.Back but cannot get it to work

Any help would be great!

What exactly do you mean by "simulate the Back button"? Resend the
previous response? Redo the previous request?

Cheers,