Using the component class and MVC

Guest

hi,

I'm new to ASP.Net and I'm trying to separate my application into a design
layer, a business layer (which I am using my code behind pages for) and a
data access layer. I was told that I'd could use a "component class" for the
data access layer. Then I could drag and drop my data connections onto the
design view and they'd be automatically created for me.
So far this has worked, but now I am wondering what else I can do with a
component class, do I create my dataset within this class or should they be
created in the business layer (my code-behind pages) or do I just bind my
returned dataset to my webform objects (drop down lists etc) within the
business layer?

Can anyone point me to any good tutorials on how to use these component
classes within ASP.Net

Thanks