Using the Crystal Reports that "comes" with Visual Studio 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eric W. Holzapfel, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. Hello Newgroup,
    I am trying (to no avail so far) to use and display one of the sample
    crystal reports that is incorporated with Visual Studio .net 2003 (World
    Sales Report.rpt) - just to get started. I either get an CS1009 error
    (invalid code of some sort) or CS1026 "error: ) missing"
    I have tried to specify the path for the report using the custom data
    binding with a path like: c:\inetpub\myapplication\reports\World Sales
    Report.rpt. With and without quotes - always the same result. One of
    the errors above.

    I get these same errors if I try to build a report based on one of my
    database querys.

    Also in "Server Explorer" under Crystal Services, I get the error:
    "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found." if I try to open
    either "Crystal Enterprise" or "Server Files".

    Any ideas on how to get this to work?

    Thanks Again for the info posted on this newsgroup,
    eric

    Eric W. Holzapfel, Jan 2, 2006